Sanjay Bhagia

This is my blog, where I write about stuff that interests me such as .NET, Azure, CI/CD and technology in general.

Migrating from WordPress to Wyam

I had been hosting my blog on SiteGround for a number of years now. It's been good so far, no complaints but I had been wanting to try out the static content generation engines for a while. One major reason for this is that my content is mostly static and don't really require a server side for anything as such (ok, few things but nothing that can't be achieved on client-side).

Microsoft OpenHack DevOps - Stockholm

Last week I participated in OpenHack DevOps organized by Microsoft in Stockholm. It was a three day event from 5th - 7th February 2019. The hackathon was focused on Azure DevOps. The format of the event was of-course like a hackathon.

Using Postman for Integration Tests

In my recent project, I'm providing some integration services (APIs) that are used by the web application to fetch data from source systems. This is a legacy project that I inherited. To be honest, this was a PoC and we all know how PoCs are developed and very often continue to be used in production. That is why I have been rewriting/refactoring this codebase (I even tweeted about this a while ago) in every sprint to improve the code quality and cleaning up a lot of code. Since I don't have a proper code coverage for all the source code, I'm always concerned when I'm continuously developing and refactoring this codebase. I'm often concerned (rightfully so) that I'll break my API and will eventually bring down the system due to some stupid mistake.  But until I can have a good enough code coverage I want to be confident that I'm not breaking my APIs whenever I'm pushing a new release to production. Now I've taken quite a lot of steps over past few months (from having proper CI/CD pipeline to having slots support to have the availability for new releases etc) to clean up the codebase and continue to have my services up-and-running, one thing I'm particularly excited about is Postman.

Accessing WCF Service via Azure Service Bus Relay with .NET Core

Accessing Azure Analysis Services Models using .NET Core

Update (2020-07-25): Microsoft recently announced the .NET Core support for Azure Analysis Services client libraries in preview (AMO and ADOMD.NET). You can use these packages instead of the Unofficial packages which I have based this blogpost on. These packages are still in preview though, so you can't (or shoudn't) use these in your production environment. I have added another console application project in my project which you can checkout here. I just updated the reference to the nuget packge in .csproj file, nothing else. These libraries should work similar to the full .NET framework ones.